Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Life


Sometimes I sit and think about the things I have in my life. I'm not rich by any means, but I have so much to be thankful for. My family, my job, my health, a roof over my head, food to eat and I love having my thoughts. I love being able to think about things and wonder. It may sound strange but I enjoy just thinking during the day, I love being able to take time by myself and talk to God like He's sitting beside me or across from me and let Him know my thoughts and wonderment. I'm not perfect in any shape or form, but I love the feeling I get when I've talked to God or told Him something I was thinking, even though He already knows my thoughts and dreams. I like going outside and looking around at all the beautiful things He's given to us to enjoy. Sometimes I realize that He likes to be complimented too so I look around and thank Him for something He's given me. I don't read my Bible like I should, but I love knowing It's there when I need it. Sometimes when I'm scared or depressed, I know that I can get immediate happiness if I just read my Bible and spend some time alone with God. When everything around me seems distraught and unsteady, I know I can find control and balance with God. I live in CA and it doesn't rain until the fall and winter, but last night it rained for the first time and I just went out on our patio and looked around at the beautiful glistening street and roof tops and was completely thrilled and happy with just standing there looking around. I love the breeze in the Fall. I love feeling the cool air on my face and hearing nothing but the breezes blowing. It's so peaceful and relaxing! Sometimes, because I don't really like to talk about my inner feelings, I get so bottled up that I just have to sit down and cry. And it's not a bad cry, it feels good to get the feelings out. I love my life and everyone in it! I really have nothing to complain about in life. Things could be so much worse than my worst moment that I've had in my entire being. I'm so thankful that I have what I have in my life. Every person in my life has taught me something I needed no matter how small or how big. I'm thankful that I've had people's examples, good or bad, to reference to when I needed an answer.

2 comments:

Devoted Mom said...

Dearest Elizabeth,
I'm so glad you seek your direction and comfort from God.
I love you!
Psalm 71:1,3,5
1. In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.
3. Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort; thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.
5. For thou art my hope, O Lord God; thou art my trust from my youth.

Devoted Mom said...

There is definately no conceit in our family! :-) Thanks, sweetheart.