Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

My Friends


I don't have a lot of friends, but I have a few close friends. I love them all and wish them the best in life, whatever they may choose to do. I hate when they're down and I can't help them up. I try to cheer them but realize that their pain is farther down than I can reach. I tell them I love them but somehow seems not enough. I pray for them and know they'll be ok. I'm not too much of a worrier, but I try to empathize with people I love to try and relate to their hurt as best I can. I feel I fall far too short! They reach out to me for help, in a way, and all I have are words...there aren't enough words to help a hurting soul. Sometimes they need only talk it out and find they feel better, but at times their hurt is more than what mere comfort offers. To my friends who come to me when hurt, please know that I hurt for you. I may not hurt to the extent as you do, but I hurt for you. I pray for you and with you. I love you! I may not always say everything you need, but I pray to God to give you the strength you need to carry on. Sometimes you need to let the rain of emotion wash over you so you can see the rainbow at the end of the storm. It's not easy to hear that, but I know you can get through it. I thank you for your friendship and for confiding in me. That means the world to me!

1 comment:

Devoted Mom said...

You have had many friends in your short life. You've always been a good listener and empathizer. Such qualities are hard to find. Don't let anything take away your tender heart toward people. This old world is crying out for caring, responsible people who have the truth of God and are willing to share what they have to help make their lives better and more fulfilled. God bless and keep you, dear, sweet Elizabeth.
Devoted Mom